Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Starter Block - Karie

When joining this group I had another quilt in mind but after getting to know everyone I soon realized there was something very unique about this group and decided to ask for some help with a special project.  My littlest man will be moving into a big boy bed around the time my blocks are returned to me.  Since he has 3 big brothers very close in age, everything he owns has been battered, worn and passed down (repeatedly)  I figured he is due something of his very own, a big boy quilt.  I chose Heather Ross's Goldfish in Bags and Goldfish on blue as my feature fabrics with blue, white and orange accent fabrics.  The blocks can either be a square block or special block with appliqued goldfish and/or bubbles. 

Here is my starter block.

Looking forward to the journey!
  

2 comments:

  1. i look forward to coming up with a special block for you! just love this fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be adorable! I am looking forward to piecing this one for your little guy, as I am a mom of 3 boys!!

    ReplyDelete