Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cindy R's Soft, Lovely Blocks


I'm not gonna lie. I struggled with this one. I don't have a large stash and I am a new quilter. Cindy's beautiful block in soft browns and peaches is so soothing and soft. I can be a bit boisterous and dramatic...and so are my fabrics. Her applique petals made me wish I knew how to applique...but I don't (yet).

As I looked at her quilt block, I kept thinking of flowers, and even thought for awhile to continue the petal theme, however decided on flowers, in general....but what?? Then I saw a quilt by my friend Amy on Flickr and I began to see that perhaps I could do a flower.  My Amy Butler pink and Alexander Henry Dots sorta worked, but they were way too loud on the outside, so I dug into a layer cake that my sweet daughter-in-law Ashley picked out and found some perfect fabrics, along with a muted brown sent by Cindy. 

I am pleased with how it turned out and hope Cindy is too! Can't wait to see it as it travels round the world!! I am honored to be on this journey with these fabulous women!

Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment